Defining Your Vital IngredientsJan 10, 2022
Do you know your Vital Ingredients?
Are you ready for 2022 too!?
I am, and am super excited to be able to deploy many of the very small but necessary 'tools and resources' I use in my daily life to ensure that no matter what is going on around me I stay centred, calm and with a 'bigger perspective'. i.e don't sweat the small stuff.
"The very best way to be there for others and really create sustainable happy lives is to ensure you have your oxygen mask on first".
We know this - but how often do you REALLY ensure you are set for the day before the world sets upon you?
Let's take a quick pit stop:
- Do you know the simple rituals and routines that have you feeling and operating at your best?
- Are you aware of how much sleep or 'down time' you truly require to function well?
- Are you setting healthy boundaries for phone time, 'you' time, work time and how you even interact with family and friends?
- Are you feeling creative, full of ideas, vitality, energy and excitement for work and life (even in restricted times when you do what you love there are always tiny ways to find joy in your day)....
All too often we wear the badge of "being there for others, being busy, dealing with dramas or putting out spot fires.
Usually responsibility of day to day life just comes with #adulting. It's how you approach it that counts.
No matter what the storm, you are the captain of your ship and in the driver's seat of your reactions and how you show up in life.
Suppressing your 'calm' requirements and then blowing a gasket when it all gets too much is on you for not identifying your core base line requirements to feel at least a little bit in a healthy mindset and b communicating with clarity upfront with your kids, partner, colleagues or clients the best way to reach you, reach out or ask for something in a way that respects both your time and theirs.
If you keep saying to yourself anything along the lines of:
- "But everyone needs me"
- "Nikki you don't understand I have to be there for X, Y. Z and a, b and c"
- "I have to do all of this first"
- "When I get done with blah blah or the kids are back to school or the xyz occurs THEN I will put some healthy habits in place..."
....then chances are you are not being clear and showing up for yourself.
Vital ingredients are your non negotiable aspects of physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. Ones that you can attain to do on a basic level and maintain.
They are unique to you.
Don't wait for the world to be perfect around you, instead create your best sort of day from within.
CLICK HERE to download the VITAL INGREDIENTS WORKSHEET and a little video from me on why they are important and how to define what yours may be.
I hope this helps you feel more in the driver's seat of your life and work and empowered to be calm and centred in any storm.
Much Mojo to you,
Here's a little reminder on how to stay accountable and show up for yourself